From Ohio to Dublin: a once in a lifetime adventure full of leprechauns, potatoes, guinness and craic!

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Temple Bar Farmer's Market: A blessing and a curse



On Thursday my roommate, Brianna woke up and said, "is it Saturday??!!" "No, Bri it's Thursday." You could say that we look forward to the farmer's market in Temple Bar on Saturdays a littttle too much sometimes.


The farmer's market is wonderful for many reasons:
1. The healthy, diverse food that they sell (and pretty inexpensive as well)
2. The really friendly people that work there
and 3. It gives us a reason to get out of bed on Saturday and get some fresh air

It is also bad for a few reasons:
1. I am now addicted to hummus, pesto, smoothies and crepes
2. We usually end up buying so much that I drain my pockets... it's easy to get carried away, what can I say...
and 3. I'm afraid that going there every single weekend will put me through devastating withdrawals when I return to the U.S.

Here is a little taste of what the farmer's market has to offer:

Dumplings:
(My friend Mackenzie came to visit from Scotland and this was
probably her favorite activity of the weekend)

Sweet potato soup in a bread bowl...my fave!
(even comes with a compostable spoon)

Fajitas:
(the boys enjoy this saturday afternoon outing more than anyone...clearly...
glad I caught this candid shot of pure farmer's market ecstasy)

The oyster bar:
(haven't tried it yet but always packed)

Nutella/banana crepe:
(my weakness... and cause for the most genuine smile I can produce)

Fresh sushi:
(which apparently has the best and hottest wasabi... if you can handle it)

Smoothies:
annddd dessert of course!
also: cheese, bread, meat, olives, pesto, hummus, fresh juice and more!

While writing this blog I realized how happy people (me, in this instance) get over good food. We are like kids in a candy store, I swear... walking around in circles checking everything out, then checking our pockets and deciding what we will limit ourselves to that day.

I also realized that I only have 4 more saturdays in Dublin!!



No comments:

Post a Comment